It’s hard to lose a game like this because you really believed they always had this game within their reach. Here are some random notes from today
- Castillo & Schneider are terrible& useless bats. When they hit, it’s like the pitcher is batting
- Castillo is a sloppy 2nd baseman. In the 8th his reflexes weren’t fast enough to grab a ball he got to and then he botches a double play because of sloppy footwork
- Maine is fine thank god and you can see he’ll be totally back. That’s the best news of the week.
- Excellent fight back from this team and a promising bench
- Parnell pitched well at first, but couldn’t deal with bloops and started over-throwing
- Nice hit by Wright getting Murphy in from 2nd after the gift double
- Putz doesn’t crumble when errors are made behind him… good sign
- Jeremy Reed is the MAN… really nice swing after being cold on the bench. Put that in the memory bank…
- Cantu’s defense is the only reason the Mets weren’t up by 2 in the 9th… nice reflexes
- O’Day was chicken shit against Ramirez and Cantu (who you knew was getting a hit) did what he does. It’s hard to lose with Krod sitting in the pen
Tell me Krod can’t pitch to one batter in the 9th and then come back for the 10th if needed. It’s demonizing to lose a game where you’re coming back. You need to limit these, so I’m not in love with Manuel’s choices here.
By the way… I’ll post those 2009 predictions at some point this weekend…
Posted By Nik Kolidas