I defy anyone to argue this point… the Mets players are afraid of body contact and they’re afraid to win. WTF happened to this team in 2006 to make them like this? The brash team everyone hated has turned into a bunch of school girls who squeal at the sight of a mouse. They are the league’s most talented overall team with a very talented starting four and the best bullpen in the league. Also, almost everyone is hitting over .300 and yet… they continue to lose. It’s almost mind-blowing.
They collectively refuse to do what it takes to win. They are literally afraid to win. I haven’t seen a Met take out a catcher in AGES. Nobody hits the dirt so all hitters are comfortable and only a couple of players ever leave the game with a dirty uniform. Imagine if David Wright pulled a Ray Knight and knocked out Molina on 3rd base? It would never happen. I’m not advocating violence, but c’mon people… where are the men?
Notes from today’s satisfying performance:
- The team can’t maximize opportunities as usual. The Cards pitching tried again and again to give the game back. In the end they almost did.
- Larussa’s team makes the most of their breaks
- Prince Albert loves Livan’s softballs
- Bottom of the 6th while it was 7-3, no dive by Reyes on a ball with his reach and that runner scored
- Nice comeback when the pressure was off
- We need better starting pitching bla bla bla
I’ve got nothing else… say goodnight Gracie!
Posted By Nik Kolidas