I can’t shake this feeling that this team should have won at least four of six against the Phils and Yankees. Yesterday aside, they played hard and deserved a little more in terms of overall results. You’ve got to hope things balance out in the end and the walking wounded start coming back.
Notes & thoughts from the last two games:
- How does a starter who throws 95 with guts fly under the radar? Paging Fernando Nieve, you’re needed in the OR…
- It was great to see the team rally around Castillo on Saturday (unlike when they stoned Daniel Murphy for a lesser evil) and play a crisp game to lessen the fan’s venom
- It was just as disheartening to see the team crumble when the mighty Johan experienced his shrinkage on Sunday. Hey, if you’re going to lose… lose biblically right?
- Speaking of the mighty one… you can tell he has the potential to be one crap pitcher when his fastball loses a few ticks later in his career. I’ll assume this is just a dead arm period and he’ll be back to his usual ass kicking business in a week or two.
- The Yankees need to start employing their own people in the broadcast booth. Seeing Met legends Cone & Leiter in their pregame show is just ridicules. I know Cone had a little late career fun over there, but he was never a real ace with those guys. His prime & name will always be in Flushing and the same with traitor Al. Maybe the Mets should dump Mex and Darling and hire Reggie Jackson & Ron Guidry?
- Francisco Rodriguez is slowly becoming one of my favorite players. I really dug the Ray Knight act against that journeyman crap pitcher Bruno…Broogie.. Bruney whatever.
- It’s official, The Optimum online guy needs to be sent into space with no helmet. Also, I’m going to send an e-mail to my guy over at SNY and ask why we need to see so many endless commercials for cancer. Before those commercials, I had no idea I didn’t want cancer! Thanks for the wealth of information & nasty visuals there nutsacks…
Posted By Nik Kolidas